We’re celebrating National Massage Therapy Week in October, and what better way to celebrate than to get a massage.
Whilst many people see massages are an indulgence they do actually have many health benefits.
National Massage Therapy Week is a great way to bring awareness to the benefits of massage therapy. At UC Physio on the Gold Coast our physiotherapists and remedial therapist Michelle are fully trained and qualified in the art of massage therapy.
There are so many benefits to massage therapy, especially when used in conjunction with other treatments, below we have compiled just a few reasons to enjoy a massage during National Massage Therapy Week.
- Massage therapy has been proven to reduce stress levels.
- By increasing serotonin levels, massage therapy can reduce the effects of anxiety.
- Massage therapy can alleviate pain.
- Assists with managing lower back pain.
- Massage reduces muscle tension and can increases range of motion.
- Massage therapy can aid and assist with post-operative recovery.
- Massage therapy can help you sleep better, and sleep is vital to good health.
- Assist with recovery from sporting injuries.
- It calms the peripheral nervous system, thus alleviating pain and discomfort.
- Massage therapy stimulates blood flow, which has numerous benefits for toxin removal, and sufferers of arthritis and poor circulation.
- If you suffer with chronic neck pain, massage therapy can provide some much-needed relief.
The benefits of massage therapy are endless, but one important factor is that it is enjoyable. Celebrating National Massage Therapy Week is a great opportunity to see your local remedial therapist or physiotherapist at UC Physio on the Gold Coast and see how massage therapy can assist with maintaining optimal physical health and performance.
The benefits of massage therapy with your physiotherapy
Massage therapy has numerous benefits and used in conjunction with other treatments it can assist with improving your overall health. Call UC Physio on the Gold Coast and see how remedial therapy and physiotherapy use massage therapy to optimise your overall health and well-being. Call 07 5561 8111 for an appointment.