WHAT IS PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy is a well proven healthcare profession that assists your body to recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility, without the assistance of prescription drugs.
At UC Physio, our physiotherapists are able to improve your quality of life by:
- Promoting overall health and wellness, physical activity and mobility
- Preventing injury, and disability
- Managing acute and chronic conditions
- Managing limitations and participation restrictions
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and performance
- Rehabilitating injury and disease damage or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other treatments
- Educating and planning to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline
Our healthcare professionals at UC Physio, Gold Coast, are dedicated to working with you to maximize your ability to move and function. Physiotherapy aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems, and is committed to health, lifestyle and quality of life. It is a holistic approach incorporating a broad range of physical and physiological therapeutic treatments and aids.
Our state of the art physiotherapy clinic is conveniently located amongst the thriving Northern Gold Coast suburb of Upper Coomera and we offer our expert services to local patients from Pacific Pines, Maudsland, Willow Vale, Helensvale, Oxenford, Ormeau and further afield around the Gold Coast, so please feel free to call and make an appointment or send an online query today!
UC Physio boasts a broad range of physical therapies and treatments, including but not limited to:
- Clinical Pilates
- Exercise programs and prescription
- Acupuncture & Dry Needling
- Taping (Kinesiotape and Rigid Tape)
- Rehabilitation programs
HOW CAN PHYSIOTHERAPY HELP ME?
It is a common misconception that physiotherapy is only used for musculoskeletal (neck and back) conditions, however physiotherapy is able to provide both preventative and rehabilitation treatment for a broad range of mobility issues, injuries and/or diseases.
Here are some of the many different areas in which physiotherapy can help:
- Back pain
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic Pain
- Paediatric Developmental Delay
- Falls & Fractures
- High Blood Pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neck Pain
- Neurological Conditions (stroke, concussions, spinal injury, Parkinson’s disease),
- Occupational Health
- Oncology-Related Conditions (including lymphedema)
- Vestibular Disorders (dizziness)
- Following concussion and brain injury
If you have an appointment with one of our professional physio team, they will want to establish the cause of your condition and understand exactly how it is affecting you. This means that your physiotherapist will ask you questions about your injury, pain or disorder and then assess your movement quality and strength. Once they are sure they understand your condition, they will begin treatment.
Treatment can include one or more proven physiotherapy techniques and each individual will receive specific treatment that will assist with their injury. Your physiotherapist will explain the treatment they would like you to have, and how this will assist with your recovery.
We also stock a range of products that assist in the recovery or prevent problems in the first instance.
UC Physio, in Upper Coomera, have professionals that are ready to assist – for your whole family! Call or email us today.